Terms & Conditions
The terms ‘The Student Media Group Limited’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of this website whose registered office is Eastward 5 Folleigh Lane, Bristol BS41 9HZ. The company registration number is 04580521. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of this website.
“The Union” is Universities at Medway Students’ Association (UMSA).
You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of this Site for your own personal use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on this Site for any purpose other than to review event and promotional information, for personal use, or to purchase tickets, membership or merchandise for your personal use, unless otherwise specifically authorised by The Student Media Group to do so. You also agree not to deep-link to the site for any purpose, unless specifically authorised by The Student Media Group to do so. The content and software on this Site is the property of The Student Media Group. We may post legal notices and credits on pages of the Site, which may not be removed. Please do not remove these notices or these credits, or any additional information contained along with the notices and credits.
The Student Media Group does not promise that the Site will be error-free, uninterrupted, nor that it will provide specific results from use of the Site or any Content, search or link on it. The Site and its Content are delivered on an "as-is" and "as-available" basis. The Student Media Group cannot ensure that files you download from the Site will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features. The Student Media Group disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including also any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Student Media Group will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this Site, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, and punitive and consequential damages.
The Student Media Group makes no guarantee of any specific result from use of this Site or use of any services associated with the Site.
The Student Media Group disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third party users, The Student Media Group users, advertisers and/or sponsors on the Site, in connection with any services provided or otherwise related to your use of the Site and/or the associated services. The Student Media Group is not responsible for the products, services, actions or failure to act of any venue, performer, promoter, Club Captain or Society President, Administrator, or other third party in connection with or referenced on the Site.
Without limiting the foregoing, you may report the misconduct of users and/or third party advertisers, service and/or product providers referenced on or included in the Site to The Student Media Group at email@example.com . The Student Media Group may investigate the claim and take appropriate action, in its sole discretion.
This website and its content is copyright of The Student Media Group Limited - © The Student Media Group Limited 2010. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only;
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
We will terminate the privileges of any user who uses this Site to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without a license, express consent, valid defence or fair use exemption to do so. In particular, users who submit Content to this Site, whether articles, images, stories, software or other copyrightable material must ensure that the Content they upload does not infringe the copyrights or other rights of third parties (such as privacy or public rights). After proper notification by the copyright holder or its agent to us, and confirmation through court order or admission by the user that they have used this Site as an instrument of unlawful infringement, we will terminate the infringing users’ rights to use and/or access this Site. We may, also in our sole discretion, decide to terminate a user’s rights to use or access the Site prior to that time if we believe that the alleged infringement has occurred.
Links and Search Results
The Site may automatically produce search results that reference or link to third party sites throughout the World Wide Web. The Student Media Group has no control over these sites or the content within them. The Student Media Group cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in the sites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive. The Student Media Group does not endorse the content of any third party site, nor do we warrant that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. By using the Site to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against The Student Media Group for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Site to obtain search results or to link to another site.
If you have a problem with a link from the Site, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate your claim and take any actions we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content which is illegal or prohibited on the Site. It includes Content that:
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; could be harmful to minors;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
Although The Student Media Group cannot monitor the conduct of its Users off the Site, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from this Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any User without their prior explicit consent.
No Commercial Use
No area of this Site may be used by our visitors for any commercial purposes such as to conduct sales of tickets, memberships, merchandise or services of any kind (except that the Market Place can be used to resell tickets or merchandise where lawful to do so).
You must obtain The Student Media Group’s prior written consent to make commercial offers of any kind, whether by advertising, solicitations, links, or any other form of communication, except you may post tickets and merchandise for resale through the Market Place to the extent you are doing so legally.
Without limiting the foregoing, you may not use this Site to resell or link to other sites for the purpose of selling tickets or merchandise of any kind, except that you may resell tickets and merchandise through the Market Place, to the extent you are doing so legally. We will investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who breaches this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Site and barring anyone breaching this provision from use of the Site. We reserve the right to block access to this Site or to The Student Media Group’s other services, or to cancel a ticket order or membership with respect to any person who is known or reasonably believed to be: a) acting unlawfully, or breaching these Terms, or infringing The Student Media Group’s rights, or utilising automated means to process or place ticket orders, or whose ticket order exceeds the stated limit; or b) associated with any person who is known or reasonably believed to be acting unlawfully, or breaching these Terms, or infringing The Student Media Group’s rights, or utilising automated means to process or place ticket orders, or whose ticket order exceeds the stated limit. Exceeding any limitations or breaching any terms on the Site will be deemed to be a breach of these Terms.
The Student Media Group Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15 January, 2010.
The Student Media Group Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Student Media Group, 37 St. John’s Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 2HD.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Access and Interference
You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained thereon or for any other unauthorised purpose without our prior express written permission. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Universities at Medway Students’ Association (UMSA) website. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any content (except for your own personal, non-commercial use) from our website without the prior express written permission of The Student Media Group.
Unauthorised Use of the Site
Illegal and/or unauthorised uses of the Site, including, but not limited to, unauthorised ticket sales, unauthorised framing of or linking to the Site, or unauthorised use of any robot, spider or other automated device on the site, will be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation civil, criminal and injunctive redress.
Violation of the Terms
Limitation on Liability
Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will The Student Media Group be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits, even if The Student Media Group has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
This site is controlled and operated by The Student Media Group Limited. If there is any dispute about or involving the Site, by using the Site you agree that the dispute will be governed and construed by English law. In the event of a dispute arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions, or your use of or access to this site, legal actions must be brought in court in England without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Student Media Group, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, including also your use of the Site to provide a link to another site or to upload content or other information to the Site.
Ticket Purchase Policy
The Student Media Group sells tickets on behalf of Universities at Medway Students’ Association (UMSA). Policies set forth by The Union may prohibit us from issuing exchanges or refunds after a purchase has been made. Tickets purchased on this Site may be subject to a per-ticket convenience charge and a non-refundable per order handling charge. When purchasing tickets on this Site you are limited to a specified number of tickets for each event. This amount is included on the first purchase page and is verified with every transaction. This policy is in effect to discourage unfair ticket buying practices.
The Student Media Group e-mails tickets to Purchasers as soon as payment for the ticket has been properly completed. If your ticket has not been e-mailed to the e-mail address you have provided within 24 hours please contact The Student Media Group on firstname.lastname@example.org
Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed for a variety of reasons. If the event is re-scheduled, please contact The Union for information on when the re-scheduled event is going to take place. No refunds will be made in relation to re-scheduled events. If the event is cancelled, please contact The Union for information on alternative events. A refund may be available where an event is cancelled and no acceptable alternative event is available.
Tickets for popular events may sell out quickly. Occasionally, additional tickets may be available prior to the event. However, The Student Media Group does not control this inventory or its availability.
For information about a purchase you’ve made, contact The Union quoting your ticket number.
Ticket Sale Terms and Conditions
- As an authorised ticket agent, The Student Media Group sells tickets on behalf of The Union that promotes the event for which you buy a ticket. This ticket remains the property of The Union and is a personal revocable license which may be withdrawn and admission refused at any time upon refunding the purchase price.
Unlawful resale (or attempted unlawful resale) of a ticket is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.
A ticket shall not be used for advertising, promotions, contests or sweepstakes, unless formal written permission is given by The Union, provided that even if such consent is obtained, use of The Student Media Group’s trademarks and other intellectual property is subject to The Student Media Group’s consent.
The Union and its affiliates, successors, or assigns may enforce these terms in accordance with the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (the Act). Except as provided above, this agreement does not create any right enforceable by any person who is not a party to it under the Act, but does not affect any right or remedy that a third party has which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- It is your responsibility to check your tickets; mistakes cannot always be rectified.
While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price (and credit or debit your account as applicable) or cancelling your order. If we are unable to contact you, you agree that we may treat the order as cancelled. If you choose to cancel after you have already paid the incorrect ticket price for the tickets, you will receive a full refund from us.
- It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event. If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of the cancellation once we have received the relevant authorisation from The Union. We do not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
- Unless indicated otherwise in relation to a particular event, if a performance is cancelled, ticket holders will be offered entry at any rescheduled performance (subject to availability) up to the face value of the tickets or, if the ticket holder is unable to attend the rescheduled performance or the performance is not rescheduled, a refund. Refunds for tickets purchased prior to the date of the original event will be given up to the face value of the tickets purchased plus the relevant per ticket booking fee. If an event takes place over several days and only one day is cancelled, a partial refund only may be payable corresponding to the day(s) cancelled. In order to claim your refund, please apply in writing to your point of purchase. You must enclose your unused tickets and comply with any other reasonable instructions of The Student Media Group. We regret that unless this paragraph 4 applies, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
- This ticket is issued subject to the Rules and Regulations of the venue and The Union. Full details are available from The Union.. Breach of any of these Rules and Regulations or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall entitle the venue or Union to eject you from the venue.
- The venue reserves the right to refuse admission should patrons breach any Rules and Regulations of the venue or Union. The venue may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
- Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
- We will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
- Tickets are sold subject to the venue or Union’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
- The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is prohibited. Tapes or films may be destroyed. Laser pens, mobile phones, dogs (except guide dogs) and patron’s own food and drink may also be prohibited (please check with venue).
- Neither the venue, The Union nor The Student Media Group accept any responsibility for any personal property.
- There will be no pass-outs or re-admissions of any kind.
- Ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording as members of the audience.
- Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person and per credit card. We reserve the right to cancel tickets without prior notice purchased in excess of this number.
- Neither the venue, The Union nor The Student Media Group shall have any further liability beyond the face value of the ticket purchased.
- All of these terms and conditions are governed by English Law and any disputes arising out of any transaction with The Student Media Group are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Membership Purchase Policy
The Student Media Group sells memberships to Union Clubs and Societies on behalf of The Union.
Policies set forth by The Union prohibit us from issuing exchanges or refunds after membership of a Club or Society has been purchased.
Members should contact the Club Captain or Society President to obtain a list of the terms under which the Club or Society operates. Contact details for the relevant parties are available on the relevant Club or Society pages of the Site.
By becoming a member of a Club or Society, you expressly agree to be bound by any Terms under which the Club or Society operates. Individual Clubs and Societies reserve the right to change their Terms at any time, with immediate effect. Please contact the Club Captain or Society President periodically to confirm the Terms under which the Club or Society operates. If you violate these Terms, The Student Media Group may terminate your use of the Site and bar you from future use of the Site.