1. Drop-in Sessions in the Summer Vacation
Please note that drop-in sessions will not run from 24th June 2013 – mid-September 2013 due to the summer vacation period.
Instead pre-booked appointments will be available as well as email and telephone advice (please see our ‘Contact Us’ page for these details).
2. Application fees for Tier 4 and other UK visas will increase on 06 April 2013.
The new fee to apply for a Tier 4 visa while you are in the UK will be £406 for the main applicant and £305 for each dependant (partner or child under 18 years old) who applies at the same time (these figures apply to postal applications only, in-person applications or dependent applications not made at the same time as the main applicant (or if a child is over 18 years old) attract higher fees).
3. Doctorate Extension Scheme (Tier 4) Visa
The above new scheme has now launched and any students wishing to find out more information can view it via Doctorate Extension Scheme.
1. INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SCAMS
- Please be warned that there are a variety of scams currently in circulation that are targeting international students, these scams include:
* Foreign criminals advertising fake UK jobs on the internet and students then being told they have to pay for a visa and work permit when in fact the criminals simply take this money and there is no job.
* Students receiving phone calls from someone who claims to work for the UKBA and stating that there is a serious issue with the students visa and they must make an immediate payment to avoid further action being taken against them.
* Students being asked to pay a deposit as proof that they have sufficient funds to support themselves in the UK until their first salary is received.
If you feel you have been contacted/targeted in any way by any of the above or any other scam then please make sure you follow these steps:
1. Do NOT give out any personal information nor confirm any personal information to them
2. Do NOT make any financial payment of any kind
3. Report the matter online to Action Fraud or via 0300 123 2040